People are attracted to trends, technologies & fashion. Then why to choose safety as a Career?
The fundamental need for human beings are food, water and shelter. Are we satisfied with the quality of food, water and environment? Pollution, scarcity, pesticides etc. etc.,
In recent days people are more focusing into raising awareness to
- Protect the environment (Plant trees, rain water harvesting, safe use on water)
- Eliminate the contaminants (organic farming, organic foods, no pesticides)
- Control measures for pollutants (Automobile emission, industry emission, waste management)
Every human being is responsible and accountable to protect themselves and the environment. If so one needs to be aware, alert and action plan. In a similar fashion any employer needs to protect the people, equipment, material and environment. Here comes the role of HSE professional to responsibly safeguard themselves and an organisation as a whole in the given working condition.
What to study?
Along with the basic educational qualification, one need to develop the CPD’s to meet the challenging needs of industry requirements & updates. In order to meet the demands, NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety & Health is level 6 U.K graduation preferred by senior management and mangers of an organisation. This is followed by NEBOSH IGC course to have reasonable entry in HSE career for middle managers and junior level. There are few fundamental and mandatory Safety Courses like managing the work safely, Risk Assessment, Fire Safety and First Aid are also preferred for beginners. The safety courses studied provide sound foundation to accomplish the tasks effectively and efficiently.
Why to invest in Safety courses?
- Work in line with organizational requirements & legal compliance
- Reduction in the probability of accidents and human errors
- Increase in skills, knowledge and efficiency
- Job satisfaction & further progression
- To meet the legal compliance
- Improved morale and reputation
- Reduction in insurance premiums because of accidents and human errors
Increase in productivity and quality of work which will increase in reputation