CIEH Level 3 Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS)
The CIEH has worked with LLUK, and gained their endorsement for a new qualification – the Level 3 Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS).
This qualification will help candidates to gain a threshold licence to practise as a trainer.
Alongside the launch of the CIEH PTLLS qualification the CIEH are launching the new Level 3 Award in Teaching Skills and Practice (TSP) qualification, which will replace the popular CIEH Professional Trainer Certificate (PTC).
The training programme for the CIEH Level 3 PTLLS includes the CIEH Level 3 Award in Training Skills and Practice (TSP). It is designed to be delivered in 30 hours of teaching time, not including breaks, and revision and practice sessions, with an additional 30 hours for assimilation, consolidation and assignment planning, development and submission.
- Understand your own role, responsibilities and boundaries of role in relation to teaching
- Understand appropriate teaching and learning approaches within a specialist area
- Demonstrate your session planning skills – plan, deliver, observe and evaluate a micro-teaching session
- Understand how to deliver inclusive sessions that motivate learners
- Understand the use of different assessment methods
- Understand and analyse the need for accurate record keeping and procedures that can be adopted – including internal and external assessment information.
Course duration: five-day programme
Assessment: one practical and two written assignments
Ofqual accredited: Yes
Suggested progression: Level 4 Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector or Level 3/4 Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS)